Warning: Undefined array key 0 in /var/www/vhosts/nybreaking.com/httpdocs/wp-content/plugins/monumetric-ads/libs/advertisement.php on line 49

Max Verstappen calls for a resolution on Christian Horner’s Red Bull future ‘quickly’… as boss lands in Bahrain for season’s first Grand Prix while verdict on ‘inappropriate behaviour’ looms

Max Verstappen has urged Red Bull officials to make a decision on Christian Horner’s future ‘soon’ as the team boss awaits an investigation into allegations of ‘inappropriate behaviour’.

Horner, the husband of Spice Girl Geri Haliwell, left for Bahrain on Wednesday ahead of the Formula 1 season opener. His future is up in the air, amid an internal investigation into alleged ‘coercive behavior’ towards a female staff member.

The sport is preparing for the first race of the season in the Middle East on Saturday, with Horner – who strongly denies the claims – not expected to attend media day on Wednesday, but appearing for training on Thursday.

Red Bull and Verstappen will be hoping to win their fourth straight world championship this season after his comfortable victory last time, and the Dutchman was keen to focus on himself rather than the investigation – although he hoped the matter would be concluded quickly.

“It doesn’t affect me,” he told the media. ‘I focus purely on the performance of the car and myself. Hopefully it will be resolved very quickly.’

Max Verstappen has emphasized that the investigation into Christian Horner ‘does not affect me’

The Dutchman said he hoped the internal investigation into claims of

The Dutchman said he hoped the internal investigation into claims of “coercive behavior” would be resolved “very quickly”.

Horner's Spice Girl wife, Geri Halliwell, remains firmly supportive of her husband

Halliwell and Horner arrive for the 2023 Bafta Film Awards in London on February 19 last year

Horner’s Spice Girl wife, Geri Halliwell, remains firmly supportive of her husband

Red Bull launched their new car earlier this month, in which Horner made his first appearance since the allegations came to light.

Verstappen said he felt “comfortable” in the car, but said “time will tell” on its performance after initial testing.

‘We had good testing days and I felt very comfortable in the car. It looks promising, but you never really know in advance where you stand. Time will tell and there are many different circuits where you have to be strong.

‘I don’t think about it too much. I wake up, go to the track and then see if the result is good or bad. That’s how I approach it.’

Verstappen feels 'comfortable' in the new car as he tries to start the new season with a win

Verstappen feels ‘comfortable’ in the new car as he tries to start the new season with a win

The 50-year-old will be in the paddock for training on Thursday after flying to Bahrain

The 50-year-old will be in the paddock for training on Thursday after flying to Bahrain

Mail Sport reported this week that Horner had been awaiting his fate after the QC investigating the claims submitted a 150-page dossier, which was due to be heard by a board of Red Bull’s parent company, Red Bull GmbH, on Tuesday.

Horner has provided evidence to the KC both in person and remotely in recent days, pending the question of whether he still has a future as director of the team.

It is understood the woman involved in the claim will not travel to Bahrain, where Horner’s team are favorites to extend their stranglehold on the sport after three world championship victories through star man Max Verstappen.

Speaking at the launch of Red Bull’s new car on February 15, Horner claimed his wife Geri had been ‘very supportive’ and insisted he would be present at the ceremony in Bahrain.

“I have a very supportive family and a very supportive wife,” he said. ‘My focus was on the track and the coming season.’

When asked if he would be in Bahrain, he said: “Yes.”

‘There is a daily task that I have to attend to. I feel the support within the company and our partners, and within the sector. It’s overwhelming.

‘There is currently a process underway. There have been some allegations made, which I completely deny, and I have fully complied with that process and will continue to do so until it is resolved.

“Everyone is focused on one thing, which is the performance of that car to go out and defend both world titles that we have worked so hard for over the years.

“So everyone has invested in the car and I’m looking forward to seeing it in action in Bahrain next week.”

Horner appeared at Red Bull's launch this month while addressing the claims, but did not go into detail due to the ongoing legal proceedings

Horner appeared at Red Bull’s launch this month while addressing the claims, but did not go into detail due to the ongoing legal proceedings

An initial statement from Red Bull Austria – the Austrian energy drinks company that owns the F1 team – confirmed an investigation was underway in February.

It said: ‘After becoming aware of recent allegations, the company launched an independent investigation. This investigation, which is already underway, is being conducted by an external specialized lawyer.

“The company takes these matters very seriously and the investigation will be completed as quickly as possible. It would not be appropriate to make any further comment at this time.”

Horner’s defenders say the accusations are defamation aimed at removing him from power in a bid to wrest control of Salzburg, home to the fizzy drinks company that lends its name to the F1 team – the dominant force of the current era, in which Max Verstappen wins the title. last three world titles.

Horner has led the team since joining F1 in 2005, winning multiple championships with Sebastian Vettel and now Verstappen.