Breaking

Kaye Adams says she’s ‘kidding herself’. She didn’t leave BBC Radio Scotland before she was suspended amid bullying while helping to launch Vanessa Feltz’s new YouTube show

Kaye Adams says she's 'kidding herself'. She didn't leave BBC Radio Scotland before she was suspended amid bullying while helping to launch Vanessa Feltz's new YouTube show

Kaye Adams says she's 'kidding herself'. She didn't leave BBC Radio Scotland before she was suspended amid bullying while helping to launch Vanessa Feltz's new YouTube show

Kaye Adams has admitted that she should have left her BBC Radio Scotland show, long before she was sacked from the £155,000-a-year job over bullying allegations.

The presenter, 63, helped Vanessa Feltz64, starts her new one YouTube show, At Home with Vanessa.

In the first episode, released on Saturday, Kaye admitted she regretted not walking away from the show she led for 15 years because she was “very unhappy”.

She told Vanessa: ‘I probably let myself drift into the 60s thinking I could keep everything the same and actually I had to make some decisions because I was very unhappy where I was.

“I should have left, but I was scared and I kicked myself for it.”

Vanessa said: ‘Oh really? Because I mean that people who have read about you, which people really haven’t been able to avoid lately, but about your vicissitudes, I’m going to call them that, about your career, might not think that.

Kaye Adams has admitted she should have left her BBC Radio Scotland show years ago, long before bullying allegations saw her quit the £155,000-a-year job on the Vanessa Feltz show

“They might think you were very happy and um, they gave you the big E and you didn’t want that, but you kind of wish you had gone sooner, don’t you?”

Kaye remained coy and replied, “Yes, and you are a great journalist, Vanessa, but unfortunately so am I.” So I’m not going to say anything about that. But yes, that is the truth and that has been my revelation.’

Kaye was removed from her BBC Radio Scotland show in October after facing misconduct complaints, including allegations she swore at a colleague, threw a pen and verbally abused an intern.

In February it was revealed that Kaye would not return to the BBC after it reportedly confirmed some allegations but dismissed others.

In a statement on Instagram, Kaye strongly denied the allegations against her.

“I have tried to maintain a dignified silence, but these attacks on my character are now so persistent that they can no longer go unchallenged,” she wrote.

“I categorically deny using a misogynistic slur fourteen years ago, and am shocked by its invention more than a decade later. It’s definitely not a word I would have used.

“As for “scolding an intern,” this is simply not true. As for the claim that I threw a pencil while alone in an empty studio, words fail me.

“I am heartbroken over the 15 years I have worked hard and dedicated to BBC Scotland reduced to this.’

ITV has supported Kaye in the wake of the row with the BBC.

Vanessa appeared in good spirits as she headed to the movies for her new YouTube series with a sweet treat in hand

The presenter cut a summery figure in a strapless floral dress

The host, 63, helped Vanessa Feltz kick off her new YouTube show, At Home With Vanessa

Vanessa, meanwhile, has started her own YouTube show after her Channel 5 the daytime show was abolished.

This was announced in June Bosses ‘blindsided’ the presenter when they made the decision to ax her chat show after just a year on the air.

A determined Vanessa told viewers in her final episode last month that she is ‘not going to hide under a rock’.

The star then announced her new social media show, which will be filmed at her home with her friends.

She wrote: “Welcome to ‘At Home with Vanessa’, a brand new show coming soon YouTubeInstagram, TikTok and the universe in mid-August.

‘Filmed in Feltz Towers – my real house, with my real friends, bottomless bagels and cocktails on tap. I hope you’ll stop by Vanessa Feltz on YouTube, subscribe for free, hop on board and enjoy the ride.’

Emma Thompson

International Affairs Correspondent

Emma Thompson is an international affairs correspondent who has reported from over 30 countries across the Middle East, Europe, and Asia. She specializes in conflict reporting, diplomacy, and global economics. Emma holds degrees from the London School of Economics and has been recognized by the Overseas Press Club for her foreign reporting.