Zach Wilson: Jets fans rage as QB struggles again in Chargers loss – taking SEVEN sacks and throwing no TDs – while urging Robert Saleh to replace him with Trevor Siemian
- Wilson stepped in as the starting Jets QB this season following Aaron Rodgers’ injury
- But the 24-year-old has so far failed to fill the huge void left by Rodgers
- DailyMail.com provides all the latest international sports news
Zach Wilson endured another rough night as the New York Jets fell to a 27-6 loss to the Los Angeles Chargers on Monday night.
Despite entering the game on the back of three straight wins, Wilson’s credentials as the starting quarterback for the Jets have been questioned since he replaced the injured Aaron Rodgers.
And after a tough loss at MetLife Stadium, the 24-year-old recorded seven sacks and threw no touchdowns as New York’s offense was held off quite comfortably by Los Angeles.
He also produced two fumbles that night in an abysmal showing — and for Jets fans, enough is enough.
A number of the team’s supporters came to X on Monday to call for Wilson’s time as starting quarterback to end, with head coach Robert Saleh pushing to bring in veteran backup Trevor Siemian.
Zach Wilson endured another rough night as the Jets fell to a loss against the Chargers
“I’m sorry, Zach is holding this team back,” one user wrote. ‘Next week it should be Trevor time against LV. Enough is enough with Zach.”
Another said: ‘When is Saleh going to say enough is enough? Their defense is too good to have to deal with it week in and week out. Wilson is a hot mess! The offense is “not close,” as Saleh continues to say. They’re awful!!!’
A third hit on the Jets offense by writing, “This is what happens when your defense is on the field the entire f****ng game.”
One fan went even further, calling on New York’s coach to pay the price for his decision to commit Wilson.
They said, “Robert Saleh deserves to be fired for letting Zach Wilson ruin another season of pure dominance for the Jets defense.”