Vince Colosimo: Chopper and Underbelly star’s ‘ex-girlfriend’ Sabella Sugar spotted with huge engagement ring just months after their split over his secret lover
Vince Colosimo’s ex-partner denies she has rekindled her relationship with the troubled actor, despite being photographed wearing an engagement ring.
Film producer Sabella Sugar was photographed wearing the diamond ring last weekend while enjoying drinks with Australian actor Anthony LaPaglia’s wife, Alexandra Henkel.
Sugar claims she broke up with Colosimo in July after Daily Mail Australia revealed he had been keeping a secret lover for the past 20 years.
Sabella Sugar shows off a massive sparkler on her engagement finger just months after splitting from Vince Colosimo
On Wednesday, Sugar insisted she wasn’t back with Colosimo, despite the sparklers on her engagement finger.
“This is Alex, Anthony LaPaglia’s wife (the ring). We were just catching up. I’m not engaged to anyone,” she told Daily Mail Australia on Wednesday.
“She was showing me a ring she had and we were trying them on.”
Sugar insisted that she was not engaged to the actor or anyone else.
‘Who would I have found? It would be a pretty quick engagement wouldn’t it,” she said.
“I haven’t been on a date yet. I didn’t realize (people) were watching so closely. I was just catching up with friends.’
Sugar has not been seen in public with Colosimo since July 14 when she accompanied him to a court in Melbourne as ‘friends’ despite their split.
Colosimo, who is best known for portraying Alphonse Gangitano in the original TV series Underbelly, and as Neville Bartos in the movie Chopper, had walked free the day before after convincing a judge he was too mentally ill and had failed to pay $61,858 outstanding. fines.
Sabella Sugar and Vince Colosimo were pictured together on July 14 outside a court in Melbourne, despite the couple’s alleged split.
Sugar said she was committed to taking care of her young children while working to collect nearly $500,000 she owed a Dubai con artist.
“I’m focused on trying to get him to court. We have signed an agreement but he keeps breaking it and it has been very stressful. “I have two young children, so for me that’s my focus,” she said.
Colosimo’s secret boyfriend of 20 years went public with the shocking allegations that seemingly ended Sugar’s relationship with the actor.
Chelsea – not her real name – said she tried to arrange a meeting with Sugar and Colosimo in hopes of confronting the actor about his double life.
“At one stage I even told her let’s all meet in the same room so we can face him so he can no longer deny it and play us against each other or play” he said but she didn’t want to because she knew I wasn’t lying,” she said at the time.
Colosimo has refused to address the allegations and has since hired attorney Kimble Stynes in an effort to stop further reports of the alleged fraud.
Vince Colosimo and Sabella Sugar in happier times
Chelsea told Daily Mail Australia on Monday that she continued to see Colosimo and had only met him last week.
Chelsea claims Colosimo continues to owe her thousands of dollars dating back more than a decade, which he refuses to pay her.
READ MORE: Vince’s daughter Lucia, 21, steps out looking a lot different than she did a year ago
Vince Colosimo’s rarely seen daughter Lucia looked unrecognizable when she stepped out in Melbourne earlier this month following her father’s recent legal troubles and confession of an ice addiction.
In July, the court heard Colosimo claim he had suffered from the effects of methamphetamine use and addiction dating back to at least 2012.
Represented by top silk Julia Munster, the disgraced thespian was accused of racking up huge debt from 169 traffic fines, mostly while disqualified from driving.
Around 150 of these fines were issued through the traffic camera office, with a file containing summaries of those incidents running to 68 pages.
Most of the fines were related to driving an unregistered vehicle on the road and speeding, with at least two fines for not voting and blocking someone’s road.
In 2017, Colosimo’s was warned he faced jail time after being hit while driving while suspended for a third time – this time on ice.
Magistrate David Starvaggi told Colosimo that he should not have been on the road and that driving under the influence of drugs was a basic issue that “even a kindergarten child could understand”.
“You’re building a nice little story for yourself here,” he said.
“You’re risking a prison sentence… if you come back here a fourth time, it won’t be pretty.”
Vince Colosimo in a scene from the Australian drama series Underbelly.
Vince Colosimo (right) leaves the Melbourne Magistrates Court in Melbourne in 2017 after being fined $3500 and having his license revoked. He was caught driving under the influence of ice