Urgent recall is issued for Bunnings Gasmate camping stove hose: ‘Explosion, serious injury’

An emergency recall has been issued for a popular camping stove hose sold at Bunnings after it was found it could cause explosions.

Sitro Group Australia's Gasmate 1000mm high pressure hose with Schrader valve was recalled on Thursday.

The 41 affected camping stove replacement hoses were sold in Bunnings stores across Australia and online between October 2 and October 11.

“The Schrader valve end of the hose may leak when connected to a high-pressure camping appliance,” the recall states.

'There is a risk of serious injury or death if the leaking gas ignites, which could cause a fire and/or explosion.'

Customers who have purchased an affected hose are urged to immediately stop using it and return to the place of purchase for a full refund.

For more information, consumers can call Sitro Group Australia on 1300 174 876, Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm, or email productsafety@sitro.com.au.

Gasmate hose 1000mm high pressure with Schrader valve was recalled from Bunnings after it was found that the valve could leak, causing an explosion

“We are supporting our supplier, Gasmate, with the recall of a 1000mm hose used as a replacement for camping stoves,” Bunnings Merchandise Director Jen Tucker told Ny Breaking Australia.

'The hose is being recalled due to a possible leak that could occur when connected to a high-pressure camping appliance, but fortunately no incidents have occurred.

“The safety of our customers and our team is our first priority, and we will continue to work with our suppliers to ensure compliance standards are met for all products.”