Tottenham’s candidates to replace Antonio Conte ‘share his doubts about the club’
Tottenham’s candidates to replace Antonio Conte ‘share his doubts about the squad, the club’s management and sporting director Fabio Paratici’ and believe he overstepped himself by finishing fourth last season
- Tottenham prepares for the party with current manager Antonio Conte
- The London outfit have reportedly drawn up a list of possible replacements.
- However, these candidates share similar concerns to those that Conte has recently raised.
Several of Tottenham’s potential candidates to replace Antonio Conte reportedly share similar concerns about the club’s current direction.
The north London outfit is preparing to part ways with Conte after the Italian head coach criticized current Spurs players and club bosses following their 3-3 draw with Southampton.
The Spurs boss flew back to his family home in Turin after his incredible verbal tirade, as chairman Daniel Levy draws up a list of potential successors.
Names like Luis Enrique, Thomas Tuchel, Roberto De Zerbi, Frankfurt’s Oliver Glasner and former Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino have all been linked with the role.
However, Levy may have trouble naming a new head coach once Conte leaves after the Italian’s tirade brought to light concerns that could worry a new manager.
Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy will reportedly have trouble finding a new manager
The club is preparing to part ways with Antonio Conte after his post-match tirade.
Mauricio Pochettino (L) and Thomas Tuchel (R) are among the candidates to be hired at Spurs
According The Telegraphseveral of those candidates agree with the points raised by Conte during his furious post-match press conference.
The same outlet claims that there is a feeling from outside the club that Conte had overstepped by securing a top-four finish in the Premier League last year.
They feel that this campaign, in which Spurs have struggled to maintain a place in the top four, reflects more of the level of the team and the ambition of the club.
There are also concerns about the running of football operations at the club, particularly given the ambiguous nature of Fabio Paratici’s future.
Paratici was handed a 30-month ban by the Italian FA for his time at Juventus, and the club is said to have exaggerated the value of transfer fees to circumvent financial rules.
The club and Paratici deny this and have said they will appeal the penalties and the deduction of 15 points to Juventus.
There is a preliminary hearing in an Italian court case scheduled for March 27 that will seek to resolve the matter, as Paratici’s future remains up in the air.
Frankfurt manager Oliver Glasner has also been tipped to be on Spurs’ shortlist.
Conte’s future in north London looks brighter after his recent comments about the club compounded a string of poor results for Tottenham.
In a searing 10-minute tirade, Conte said: ‘They’re used to it here. They don’t play for something important.
‘They don’t want to play under pressure. They don’t want to play under stress. It’s easy this way. The story of Tottenham is this.
‘I said I wanted to see the fire and I haven’t seen it. I said I want to see the fire in their eyes, in their hearts. I want to see the right spirit. Not only in training, but on the field because here the difference is made.
‘Until now, I try to hide the situation, but there are 10 games left and some people think we can fight.
Conte claimed his Spurs players “don’t want to play under pressure” after their 3-3 draw
‘Fight for what? With this spirit, this attitude, this commitment? That? For seventh, eighth, tenth place?
‘I’m not used to being in this position. I’m really upset, and everyone has to take responsibility.
‘Not only the club, the coach and the staff. The players have to be involved in this situation because it is time to change this situation if Tottenham wants to change.
‘If they want to continue like this, they can change coaches, many coaches, but the situation cannot change. Believe me.’