Tewantin, Sunshine Coast: Disturbing neo-Nazi twist after alleged ‘torture’ home firebombed
Disturbing Nazi flyers were distributed to neighbors of a so-called ‘house of horrors’ where a teenage girl was allegedly tortured – just hours before it went up in flames.
A vacant Housing Commission building in Tewantin, on Queensland’s Sunshine Coast, burned to the ground during a vigilante action in the early hours of Wednesday morning.
Police are investigating the fire and suspect neo-Nazi flyers – obtained by Daily Mail Australia – may be linked to the firebombing.
Daily Mail Australia can exclusively reveal that the notes were written by members of a radical far-right organization and target the three girls – aged 14, 13 and 12 – who have been charged with an alleged assault on the other girl.
The hateful pamphlets included images of two of the accused attackers and comments about their cultural heritage.
A neighbour, who wishes to remain anonymous, told Daily Mail Australia that lawless attacks and racist vitriol were ‘getting out of hand’ in the area.
‘It is ridiculous. And it’s frustrating for residents,” they said.
Pictured: A neo-Nazi group has distributed the above racist flyer within the Tewantin community after a teenage girl was allegedly tortured
Vigilante groups had threatened to burn down the home of one of the teens accused of torturing a 13-year-old girl (pictured after the attack) in a terrifying four-hour ordeal
On Wednesday, Superintendent of Police Craig Hawkins revealed that flyers had surfaced in the area just before the attack – and made by people living outside the area.
“This is a direct attempt by individuals … to incite radical behavior, racially motivated behavior,” and does not reflect the feelings of the local population, Supt Hawkins said.
“Everyone in Queensland has the right to feel safe, not to be a victim and to live harmoniously in this state.
“The cultural heritage of the people who inhabited this house is completely irrelevant … these individuals are now facing a court of law to get justice,” he said.
A shocking social media video showed three people allegedly assaulting the young girl, who claimed she had been lured to the house under the pretense of having a sleepover.
Police will claim the teen smashed bottles over her face and stabbed the victim with a kitchen knife while she was stripped half naked.
The footage also allegedly showed the girl being tied up, repeatedly punched in the face as she begged for mercy, burned and stomped, and had knives thrown at her.
The trio are also accused of later showering to remove blood.
Queensland Police and Queensland Fire and Emergency Services forensic officers are pictured at the scene of a suspected residential fire in Tewantin, on the Sunshine Coast, Wednesday 29 March 2023
The Sunshine Coast home where a 13-year-old was allegedly attacked by three girls on March 11 burst into flames around 1:30am Wednesday morning
Detective Senior Sergeant Craig Mansfield said the family had vacated the property before the fire, noting that its destruction means the housing department is “short of a house that other people in need could have gone to.”
“We could have provided some shelter for people who really need it.”
Supt Mansfield said police are investigating online to see if anyone has posted videos of the blaze.
“Our electronic team, our Brisbane digital evidence team, is also combing through social media and such… to find out if there are any videos or social media posts about the incident,” he said.
The officer said he had never seen an incident like this fire here on the Sunshine Coast before.
“It’s very worrying. It will certainly not be approved,” he said.
‘We want people to leave that kind of investigation, finding out the cause of problems, to the police. That’s what we’re here for.
“People who commit such acts will be prosecuted if we know who they are.”
The fire occurred within days of the house being boarded up after being looted and vandalized with graffiti messages including “JUSTICE 4 (the girl).”
Police have declared a crime scene at the property and are waiting for it to be declared safe before conducting a full investigation.
The house (interior pictured) had been vandalized and looted days earlier
The home (pictured) on the Sunshine Coast was completely destroyed by the arson attack
Officers are pictured at the scene of a suspected house fire in Tewantin, Sunshine Coast, Queensland
The suspected arson attack came just days after Queensland Police launched an investigation into threats against the three alleged attackers.
Supporters for the teenage girl published an address for one of the alleged attackers online, threatening to burn down her house, throw rocks through the windows and attack the accused teen.
On Thursday, Queensland Police warned would-be vigilantes to stand down in a statement to Daily Mail Australia.
“People who do try to take matters into their own hands could very well have any weapon pointed at themselves and could take damage,” said a spokesman.
“In some cases, they can take legal action themselves, depending on their actions.
“To ensure the safety of the community, police advise members of the public not to engage in methods of disrupting criminal activity or retaliation that could put them at risk of personal injury or further legal action,” added a spokesperson for it.
“Police have launched an investigation in connection with this matter and it would be inappropriate to comment further and inappropriate to identify a victim of a crime.”
A crime scene has been identified at the house (pictured) and police are continuing their investigation
Multiple social media accounts in the name of the alleged leader have been bombarded with threats.
“Let’s go – only 1 hour away,” a vigilante wrote on a post, revealing the alleged leader’s home address. “Me and the tribe are about to be at her door.”
Another ominously posted, “No more house, just a pile of ashes.”
“She’s going to cry and beg to stop,” another threatened. “Why is it still breathing?” asked another.
Others have targeted the mother of one of the suspects and her sister.
“Everyone is after your daughters so spend as much time with them as you can because once they walk the streets they’re done,” a menacing post promised.
Of the three teens charged, the eldest child was remanded in custody pending an appearance next month at Maroochydore Children’s Court.
Video posted on social media showed three people attacking the young girl by smashing bottles over her face and stabbing her with a kitchen knife as she was stripped half naked
She was charged with four counts of assault resulting in bodily harm, assault resulting in bodily harm in company, deprivation of liberty, entering a home and committing a criminal offence, armed robbery in company, use of personal force, entering buildings and committing a criminal offense. felony and willful damage.
The two younger girls have been released on bail and will return to Maroochydore Children’s Court later this month.
The 13-year-old was charged with assault resulting in bodily harm, assault resulting in bodily harm in company, deprivation of liberty, armed robbery in combination with personal violence, entering a home and committing a criminal offence, ordinary assault and unauthorized dealing. with store items.
The 12-year-old was charged with assault with bodily harm, assault with bodily harm in company, deprivation of liberty, armed robbery in company with personal assault, entering a home and committing a felony and unauthorized handling of retail items.
Meanwhile, Australians have gathered around the alleged victim and raised more than $35,000 for her in just 24 hours.
A GoFundMe appeal was launched by the alleged victim’s mother under a photo of her daughter’s blood-stained face, which quickly shot past the initial goal of $1,111.