Sydney weather: Massive rain bomb rips through Sydney, adding grief to thousands of commuters already hit by train delays after weekend of wild weather

Millions of Australians have been warned of wild weather contributing to commute delays caused by last week’s deluge.

Travelers in Sydney can expect transport chaos as a massive rain bomb dumps between 4 and 15mm of rain across the city on Tuesday afternoon.

The Bureau of Meteorology warned coastal communities from Sydney to Coffs Harbor to prepare for gale force winds.

The Bureau also warned of dangerous surfing conditions from Sydney to Forster and urged activities such as rock fishing.

It comes just as communities began the grueling task of cleaning up after a monster storm lashed the east coast on Friday.

Sydneysiders will be hit again by another storm on Tuesday afternoon, which could cause more chaos for commuters after last weekend’s deluge that damaged roads and rail

The cleanup also restricted public transport routes for Sydney commuters on Tuesday morning, forcing Transport NSW to urge thousands of people to work from home.

Rail repairs were needed at several locations in and around Sydney after the deluge caused landslides that damaged rail infrastructure.

About 250 Sydney Trains workers will begin repairs, but track work is expected to cause delays.

“Passengers should allow additional travel time, check signage, listen to station announcements and plan their journey in advance,” read a statement from Transport NSW.

“Sydney Trains thanks passengers for their patience as we work to restore the network.”

Train tracks along the line at Bomaderry, Port Kembla and Coalcliff Yard were flooded, damaged or covered in debris on Tuesday morning.

Services on the South Coast Line to Port Kembla and Kiama have resumed, but on a reduced weekend timetable.

“Buses are replacing trains between Bomaderry and Kiama as we work to restore services,” Sydney Trains wrote on X.

Those driving through the city should also ‘exercise extreme caution’ as the heavy rainfall may have deteriorated some roads or caused potholes.

The warnings come after more than a month of rain fell over Sydney, Port Macquarie and Taree on Friday, delaying trains, knocking out power and prompting evacuation warnings.

The NSW State Emergency Service was involved in more than 70 flood rescue operations across the Sydney metropolitan area on Saturday morning and had received more than 4,000 calls within 24 hours.

Train tracks along the city's South Cost line were seen partially submerged after the weekend's deluge

Other parts of the lines were severely damaged by the floods

Train tracks along Sydney’s South Coast Line have been seen partially submerged or badly damaged by the weekend’s deluge

Showers are expected to follow, followed by gusty winds and dangerous surf conditions along the east coast

Showers are expected to follow, followed by gusty winds and dangerous surf conditions along the east coast

NSW Police confirmed a body has been found in floodwaters in Western Sydney after the heavy rain.

Emergency services were called to King St in Penrith at around 7.45am on Saturday morning after a member of the public reported a man’s body was in the water near a reserve.

A statement from NSW Police said officers from the Nepean Police Area Command have established a crime scene and the man has yet to be formally identified.

Friday’s monster storm also destroyed the only road to Megalong Valley, a small town just west of Katoomba in the Blue Mountains.

About 200 residents and visitors had managed to evacuate through a private property on Sunday evening, helped by a bulldozer that cleared a path.

Those left behind to support the city are now eagerly awaiting a temporary solution to the broken arterial road and reconnecting the city.

In the meantime, the Rural Fire Service will continue to drop food, essential supplies and food into the city.