Star Wars Jedi: Survivor getting patched pronto to fix bugs, Respawn says
Star Wars Jedi: Survivorplagued by a series of performance issues on PC and two serious glitches and other issues on consoles, Monday and Tuesday is getting two patches to clean up the mess.
Respawn Entertainment said Monday that the PC patch will be rolled out that day and that it will bring “performance improvements for non-ray traced display”.
A patch has become available today for the PC version of Star Wars Jedi: Survivor, and tomorrow (5/2) we will also release a patch for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S.
We are working hard on patches that will further improve performance and fix bugs on all platforms.… pic.twitter.com/XrjbdDQUp6
— EA Star Wars (@EAStarWars) May 1, 2023
It’s not clear if that covers all, some, or just a small portion of the issues PC players reported on the first day of Star Wars Jedi: survivor‘s launch on April 28. A note from Respawn and Electronic Arts that day acknowledged sub-par performance on PC, but said the biggest problems related to “high-end machines or certain specific configurations”. The studio apologized to players and promised patches pronto.
The PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X versions don’t appear to have the same frame rate and performance issues as the PC version. Their patch, coming Tuesday, covers “performance improvements” and “various display issues,” but it addresses bugs and other glaring defects more specifically.
Most notably, it will fix a game-breaking problem where players got trapped in the Chamber of Duality. There are certain spoilers explaining what the problem is, so see the Reddit thread for more details.
The console patch announcement doesn’t say if it will fix this rather hilariously unfortunate bug where a big bad guy named Mogu hits Cal Kestis so hard it pounds the XP right out of him into the ground. Said players on Reddit that dying at Mogu’s fleshy hands left their death marker in an unreachable location and their XP unrecoverable.
The console fixes mentioned Monday have already been applied to the PC version, Respawn said. “We are working hard on patches that will further improve performance and fix bugs on all platforms.”
Here’s everything Respawn promises to fix Jedi: survivorupcoming fixes:
5/1 – PC
- Performance improvements for non-ray tracing rendering.
5/2 – PlayStation 5 & Xbox Series X|S
- Fixed multiple crashes on PlayStation and Xbox Series X|S and various parts of the game.
- Fixed crashes related to movie skipping.
- Performance improvements on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S.
- Fixed issue with dynamic dust in the Mantis.
- Fixed several display issues.
- Fixed issues with registered Nekkos.
- Fixed issues with overlapping cinematic dialogue.
- Fixed several collision issues.
- Fixed an issue where the enemy AI would stay in T Pose during photo mode.
- Fixed a freeze that occasionally occurred when talking to Doma.
- Fixed a bug where the BD-oil VFX was not displaying correctly.
- Fixed an issue where players would get stuck in the Chamber of Duality if you didn’t save after leaving the room and dying.