‘Ruffian-infested Village’ quest steps in Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
“Village infested with villains‘ is one of many side adventures you can find The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom.
As you interact with NPCs around Hyrule, they will tell you how concerned they are about the pirates that Lurelin village, and whether it will ever return to normal. Head to the Sifumim Shrine on the cliff overlooking Lurelin Village to meet Bolson and Rozel. They will tell you that they are working to restore the village, but every pirate must be taken care of before they can begin.
Starting location “Ruffian-infested Village”.
Travel to the Sifumim Shrine just outside Lurelin Village and talk to Bolson and Rozel to begin the “Ruffian-infested Village” side adventure. The exact coordinates of the shrine are (2826, -3271, 0078)in the southeastern part of the Faron region.
How to defeat all pirates in Lurelin Village
The only real goal of this quest is to take out every pirate occupying the Lurelin village. There are in total 23 pirates including Blue and Black Bokoblins, Black Moblins, Black Lizalfos, and a Black Boss Bokoblin. Before you jump in to get rid of the pirate infestation, here are a few tips:
- Bokoblins cannot swim — Lurelin Village is on the coast, so there’s plenty of water around. Certain enemies like Bokoblins will die if they fall into a body of water, so make sure to launch them into the ocean to defeat them easily and save your resources.
- Upgrade your armor and health – With an unupgraded armor set and nine hearts, we’d be taking about four to five hearts per hit from the Black Bokoblins. If you’re not the most adept at combat, it might be useful to upgrade your armor and health before taking on the challenge. Go to a great fairy to upgrade your armor and visit a goddess statue with Light of Blessings in hand to increase the number of hearts you have.
- Bring powerful weapons, shields and bows – There are a lot of enemies in the area, which means your weapons, shield and bows are likely to break at least one during the encounter. Bring several of each, and the stronger the better.
- Collect some explosive materials — The enemies are often clumped together, making them perfect prey for AOE attacks. A well-placed bomb flower or elemental Chuchu jelly will help you deal a lot of damage to multiple enemies at once. And if you’re up against the pirates on the ship, a bomb could send the ship’s Bokoblins into the water, killing them instantly.
- Cook some food — If you’re confident you won’t take any damage, you may be able to skip this step, but since you’ll be dealing with a lot of enemies, you may need to restore your health at some point.
Where is the last pirate in Lurelin Village?
You may have defeated a majority of the pirates occupying Lurelin Village and are having a hard time finding the last pirate hiding. A sneaky pirate is hiding in the Lurelin village well, which can be found on the north side of the village next to a pile of wooden boxes. Jump into the pit to find a lone Bokoblin and take them out to defeat all the pirates.
“Ruffian-infested Village” rewards
You won’t receive any rewards yet after completing the side adventure like everyone else just now regained access to their home. However, you’ll unlock the follow-up quest ‘Lurelin Village Restoration Project’ where you’ll receive a ton of goodies worth pursuing.