Nick Carter denies new sexual assault allegation: Backstreet Boys star accused of assault on girl, 15, in 2003 aboard a yacht and had ‘three other men’ watching attack
Nick Carter denies claims he sexually assaulted a woman in a lawsuit filed Monday in Las Vegas over an alleged 2003 incident that happened on a yacht.
New details have emerged in the latest allegations against the 43-year-old Backstreet Boys singer, which reportedly took place when she was 15 and he was 23.
Carter has been accused of sexual assault by two other women in separate lawsuits; he has denied all allegations against him.
In the filing against him Monday, a woman who identified herself as “AR” in court documents reviewed by People that Carter was “knowingly involved” in “consensual sex acts” several times in 2003, on a yacht and on a bus after getting her drunk.
The woman said in legal documents that Carter had “ordered” her to keep quiet about the hunting incident, not using any protection.
The latest: Nick Carter, 43, denies claims he sexually assaulted a woman in a lawsuit filed Monday in Las Vegas over an alleged 2003 incident that happened on a yacht. Pictured last year in Tampa Bay, Florida
The woman said in legal documents that in another occurrence aboard a yacht, Carter “knowingly supplied her with alcohol and drugs” and “seduced three other men” into witnessing the assault.
In the incident, the woman told the court that Carter encouraged the men to watch him “have sexual intercourse with her at a time when she was underage” from a vantage point of an outside window in the cabin of Carter’s yacht.
The woman said she made “repeated denials and asked him to stop,” but Carter didn’t. After the assault, the woman told the court that the three men told her they were watching what happened as they “berate” her.
The woman said Carter passed on the sexually transmitted disease HPV (human papillomavirus) to her in the incident.
The woman said she informed her mother of what happened and that the incident was reported to police in Southern York County, Pennsylvania.
“The effects of Carter’s sexual abuse are ongoing, causing severe emotional distress, physical pain, intimacy issues, and other complex trauma,” the woman’s legal team said in the lawsuit, seeking $15,000 in damages.
Lawyers for the woman added that she has “experienced continuous harassment by ‘Backstreet Boys’ for decades.
Carter’s attorney Dale Hayes Jr. told DailyMail.com in a statement Thursday that the singer was “satisfied with AR’s recent filing as it will ensure that all currently known co-conspirators will be brought to justice together,” referring to the separate suits.
Carter has been accused of sexual assault by two other women in separate lawsuits; he has denied all allegations against him
The singer of Everybody (Backstreet’s Back) was photographed in New York in 2004, a year after the allegations in the lawsuit were made
Hayes said police “listened and thoroughly investigated” her allegations at the time she brought them up, telling her they were “worthless.”
Hayes said that “repeating the same false allegations in a new legal complaint doesn’t make them more true.”
The lawyer said, “Nick looks forward to the evidence being presented and the truth about these evil plans coming to light.”
New details about the recently filed case came a day after a Las Vegas judge ruled Wednesday that Carter’s countersuit against Dream singer Melissa Schuman can proceed.
Carter was in court for a hearing after Schuman, 39, and her father Jerome tried to block a countersuit he brought after she sued him for sexually assaulting her in 2002. TMZ reported Wednesday.
On Wednesday, Judge Nancy Allf allowed Carter’s lawsuit to proceed, saying Carter had shown the court enough evidence to warrant the lawsuit.
Carter faced charges of sexual assault and assault from Schuman in April in a lawsuit over an alleged 2002 incident that took place at an apartment in Santa Monica, California. TMZ reported, citing court documents.
Schuman accused Carter of forcing her to perform and perform oral sex at a time when he was 22 and she was 18. She said her first sexual experience was with Carter, despite urging him that she didn’t want sex have until she got married.
The Backstreet Boys singer was in court for a hearing after Schuman, 39, and her father tried to block a countersuit he brought after she sued him for sexually assaulting her in 2002.
Singer Melissa Schuman, pictured in LA in 2018, initially filed the claims against Carter in 2017, citing a new California law that paved the way for the latest lawsuit
Carter’s attorney Liane K. Wakayama told DailyMail.com in a statement on Wednesday: “For years, Melissa and Jerome Schuman conspired with anyone they could manipulate to make false claims against Nick Carter in a brazen attempt to get rich from him. ‘
Schuman filed a police report against Carter with the Santa Monica Police Department in 2018, but prosecutors did not pursue the case at the time.
In filing the lawsuit earlier this year, Schuman cited a new California bill that would allow for the lifting of the statute of limitations on civil lawsuits because she hopes a judge will review the information in the case.
Dailymail.com has contacted Schuman representatives for comment on the latest developments.
In February, Carter named Schuman in a $2.3 million lawsuit against Shannon Ruth, who also accused Carter of sexual assault. TMZ reported.
In the lawsuit brought by Carter, the boy band alum said Schuman coached Ruth in an extortion attempt that he says cost him millions in lost wages.
Carter’s lawyer Wakayama told TMZ about the legal action at the time: “Melissa Schuman has been spreading this story for many years, but her claim was false when she first did it in 2017 – and still is.”
Wakayama told the newspaper that “a judge in Nevada has recently ruled, after reviewing the extensive evidence we have presented, that there are strong grounds for Nick Carter to proceed with his lawsuit against Ms. Schuman for plans to have Nick, his father, to damage, slander and extort. employees, his friends and his family.’
Carter has been accused of sexual assault by two other women in separate lawsuits. The entertainer was pictured at a concert in New York last year
Nick was photographed in January 2001, around the time the alleged attacks took place
The pop star has denied allegations from three separate women who accuse him of sexual assault. Pictured in New York in 2002
Nick’s younger brother Aaron Carter was found dead at his home in Lancaster, California last November at the age of 34. An autopsy revealed that he drowned in his bathtub after consuming Xanax and gasping. Pictured in LA in 2017
Ruth, who said she is autistic and has cerebral palsy, filed suit in December 2022 alleging Carter got her drunk and sexually assaulted her on a tour bus in 2001 when she was 17.
Carter said this in March in legal documents reviewed by TMZ that he had twelve witnesses present on the evening of the concert who could prove that Ruth’s claims were “actually impossible.”
Nick’s younger brother Aaron Carter was found dead at his home in Lancaster, California last November at the age of 34. An autopsy revealed that he drowned in his bathtub after consuming Xanax and gasping.