Man who broke into RFK Jr’s home TWICE and sent him 430 ‘harassing emails’ agrees to five-year restraining order – as Biden refuses Secret Service protection for the presidential hopeful
Robert F Kennedy Jr. has struck a private deal with an “obsessed stalker” after the Biden administration rejected repeated requests to provide security for the independent presidential candidate.
Jonathan Macht, a Pacific Palisades real estate agent, has agreed to stay at least 100 yards away from the head of the Kennedy dynasty after breaking into his California home twice on the same day and sending him hundreds of emails.
Kennedy, 69, the son of his slain namesake, was at the Brentwood home with his wife, Cheryl Hines, at the time of the Oct. 25 burglaries and was expected to apply to the court today for a restraining order.
But he has settled for the 28-year-old’s promise to stay away for the next five years and steal the personal belongings of, or the peace of, Robert F Kennedy Jr. to disturb.’
Robert F. Kennedy Jr, 69, has made a deal with an ‘obsessed stalker’ after his pleas for Secret Service protection were rejected by the Biden White House
Jonathan Macht, 28, broke into Kennedy’s home in Brentwood, California, twice in one day
Kennedy and his wife, Cheryl Hines, were both home at the time of the beak-ins
Hines has accused Biden of denying federal protections out of fear it would increase the credibility of his opponent’s maverick challenge.
“By offering Bobby protection, they are recognizing that he is running as a political candidate,” she said earlier this month.
But Kennedy said Macht’s home invasions underscored the threats he faces.
“He wrote me 435 emails over a three-month period, including one last week, saying I was getting a bullet in the head,” he said.
Kennedy told the court that Macht first climbed over a fence in the backyard of his Mandeville Canyon Road home around 9:30 a.m. and managed to reach the second floor of the building before being spotted and detained by Kennedy’s own security detail.
Hines watched from a window as he was bundled around the yard by staff and held until police arrived and arrested him.
He was given an emergency warrant but returned immediately after his release and was arrested again.
De Becker, Kennedy’s security firm, had repeatedly alerted the Secret Service in recent months to “this particular obsessed individual” and turned over his emails, Kennedy’s campaign said.
Two months earlier, a man carrying two guns and posing as a police officer was arrested after appearing at a campaign event in LA, just two miles from where Kennedy’s father was assassinated while running for president in 1968 .
Four rifles with long-range scopes and significant amounts of ammunition were found by police who raided the home of 44-year-old Adrian Paul Aispuro.
Kennedy’s uncle, President John F Kennedy, was also assassinated during his first term in the White House in 1963.
Major party candidates who receive more than 15 percent of the vote and independent candidates who receive more than 20 percent of the vote are eligible for Secret Service protection, according to Title 18 USC 3056(a)(7).
The late Senator Ted Kennedy, the candidate’s uncle, received Secret Service protection 441 days before the 1980 presidential election in which he challenged incumbent Democratic President Jimmy Carter.
Former President Barack Obama received Secret Service protection for racist threats 551 days before the 2008 election as he ran for office in the Democratic primary.
The weapons found when law enforcement officers searched Adrian Paul Aispuro’s home following his arrest at a Kennedy campaign event in September
RFK’s father was murdered shortly after the then-U.S. senator from New York claimed victory in California’s crucial 1968 Democratic presidential primary
The former attorney general died a day later at Good Samaritan Hospital in Los Angeles
Macht had reached the second floor of the couple’s home before being detained by staff
An InteractivePolls survey found that Kennedy’s poll numbers were just seven percent nationwide last week, and Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas has now rejected three formal requests for Secret Service protection.
“It is disappointing, to say the least, that the government is not providing Bobby with protection,” Hines said.
“They know what’s happening and they know what happened,” the actress added. “I can’t believe they’re not responding.”
“It takes a lot of effort to protect the candidate, but it’s exactly what the Secret Service should do.”