Bride’s big day almost ‘ruined’ after wedding planner set off hotel room sprinkler that caused $3,000 worth of damage – and destroyed her gown
She got the bridal shower from hell – thanks to the wedding planner.
A couple’s wedding was reportedly nearly “ruined” thanks to the actions of a “careless” wedding planner after she turned on the sprinkler in her hotel room, which destroyed the bride’s dress, hair and all of her makeup.
The incident was detailed in a thread on X, formally known as Twitter, accompanied by a series of videos and photos showing the hotel room being completely saturated and huge puddles of water on the floor.
“When the wedding planner without common sense hangs the wedding dress on the sprinklers in the hotel room,” user @ASHstrolog tweeted on Aug. 28.
“This careless choice ruined the hair and makeup for the entire bridal party,” said the user angrily. “My wife’s wedding dress and makeup and outfit, which cost $3,000.”
A social media user claimed that a wedding planner nearly ruined a wedding after accidentally setting off the sprinkler, ruining everything in the hotel room
The makeup kit was damaged after being saturated by the sprinklers in the room
The enraged X user showed several videos of the hotel room, showing people running in and out of the soaked area through the puddles on the floor, covering their heads as the water continued to flow and firefighters stood behind them.
The leather sofa was completely soaked in the room, and among the suitcases and equipment gathered in the hall, debris and shoes floated in the water on the floor.
A fire alarm also sounded in the background from the room as residents gathered outside to save their belongings.
According to the post, the wedding planner wanted the photographer to take a full shot of the dress in photos.
“That’s not her job,” they complained. ‘That’s what the professional photographer does.’
The user went on to explain that their wife did the makeup for the wedding, and all of her beauty products and equipment were destroyed when the sprinklers went off, revealing videos of her broken equipment.
However, the bride still got married, with the user explaining that her entire family had traveled from abroad to attend the wedding – although thousands of dollars have now been added to the bill due to the careless mistake.
“She was wearing her reception dress and couldn’t move the wedding because her family is from abroad,” the social media user explained.
In a video posted to X, the hallway is flooded as women in robes — presumably the wedding party — walk around soaking wet
The user who posted the clip showed off his wife’s damaged gear
“The hotel room is in the bride’s name, so technically she’s responsible,” they continued. “The bride will have to sue the wedding planner.”
X users reacted angrily to the post, which had been viewed more than 16 million times, with many suggesting that everyone involved should sue the wedding planner for causing the sprinkle.
Some also pointed out that most hotel rooms have signs telling people not to hang anything on them.
“The wedding planner has to pay for everythinggggg (sic),” one shocked user wrote.
“You couldn’t force me to my wedding that day,” stated another. ‘You can’t tell me anything! I’m going home and to bed!’
Others saw the disaster as an ominous sign.
Dramatic videos showed people running in and out of the soaked hotel room
Many users suggested that they sue the wedding planner for doing so much damage with her ‘careless’ mistake
“I would just cancel the whole wedding…I don’t know…it feels a little ominous to me,” one joked.
Flooding isn’t the only element couples should be aware of as they approach their big day.
Last year, a New Jersey couple’s wedding was ruined after a fire broke out at their ceremony venue less than an hour before they were due to tie the knot, leaving their florist in tears.
“Today was just the most perfect day. We did a beautiful setup at The Rockleigh in New Jersey, and then I started walking to the ceremony room to put out petals, and I started smelling smoke,” Diva Blooms’ Yomaris Coromina shared in an Instagram post at the time.
“And behold, the hall is on fire, and they cancel the wedding.”